Chicken Enchiladas Supreme
If you’re stopping by for my usual low-cal, healthy fare, just look the other way. This does NOT constitute healthy on any level. I had a tub of Philadelphia Cooking Creme that was about to expire and had to be turned into SOMETHING. So I adapted this suggested recipe by Kraft. Naturally, I’m me, so I had to tweak. Now, don’t get me wrong, these are delicious. But at 524 calories and 8 grams of fat per enchilada, they are best saved for a cheat night. Makes 12 enchiladas.
• 1.75 cups fiesta blend cheese
• 19 oz enchilada sauce
• 1 cup cooking creme
• 12 corn tortillas (about 6 inches)
• 1 cup chicken breast, shredded
• 1 cup black beans
• 90 grams anaheim chilis
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1/8 cup dried onion
• 2 tsp garlic clove, minced
• 1 tbs skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dice your chilis.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Saute chilis and garlic in oil until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the onion and saute for one minute. (You may certainly use 1 cup of fresh onion if you’re not trying to hide it from picky eaters).
6. Add the chicken, black beans, 3/4 cup of the cheese, 3/4 cup of the cooking cream, and 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
7. Stir until well combined.
8. Warm your tortillas in the microwave under a moist paper towel until pliant (about a minute).
9. Dip in the enchilada sauce and spoon 1/4 cup of the filling down the middle.
10. Fold and place in a 9×13 baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray) seam side down.
11. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
12. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
13. Mix the remaining cooking cream with the milk and pour over enchiladas.
14. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over enchiladas.
15. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.