Gluten Free Friday: Quick Fix Pulled Pork Burrito Skillet
One of the things that we’ve missed in our household since going gluten free is proper burritos. I have found a couple of different gluten free flour tortillas recipes that are quite tasty, but like most gluten free bread type products, they tear very easily, which doesn’t make for a good burrito cover. When someone introduced us to the Ivory Teff tortillas from La Tortilla Factory, I thought these might be a good option, and they work great for quesadillas and soft tacos, but still don’t hold up to a full on bending for burritos. Then I came across this recipe for Quick Fix Beef Burrito Skillet from Kraft Food and Family and immediately loved the concept of a deconstructed burrito. Everything we love about it flavorwise, but without worrying about a mess on our hands. I opted to adapt the recipe even further to lighten some of the ingredients and swap the beef for pulled pork. This makes 2 delicious and hearty servings at 797 and 28.5 grams of fat (or 4 servings at half that if you intend to serve a salad or some other side).
- 12 ounces roasted pulled pork
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (I used the basic taco seasoning mix from Penzeys)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup Salsa (I used the On The Border medium salsa)
- 1 cup water
- 2 wraps gluten free tortillas, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces (If you’re not GF, just use 2 flour tortillas of your choice)
- 1 cup 2% fiesta blend cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream (I like Kraft’s Simply Sour Cream)
- 1 large green onion, chopped
1. Combine first five ingredients.
2. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min.
3. Stir in tortilla strips.
4. Top with cheese.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with sour cream and onions.