Ranch Pork Chops
We are HUGE fans of The Pioneer Woman’s Ranch Style Chicken. I’ve been saying for ages that it would make a marvelous base for pork as well, so I finally got around to giving it a try with a few change. OMG, SO GOOD. I wished I’d doubled the recipe. Serves 2.
- 1/8 cup dijon Mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crushed red pepper (optional to taste–I put about 1/2 tsp in the marinade)
- 2 1/2″ thick pork chops
- 3 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 ounce of smoked gouda, shredded
- Mix the mustard, honey, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Pop the pork chops in a zip lock bag with the marinade and let hang out for at least an hour, preferably two.
- When ready to cook, cut the bacon in half and place in a cold skillet. Cook over medium heat until done.
- Reserve a few tablespoons of the grease.
- Preheat your grill to about 350 degrees.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and pop on the grill. Brush with bacon grease.
- Grill for approximately 8-10 minutes a side.
- Remove from grill and immediately top with the shredded gouda and bacon.
- Serve with salad or some other side. Enjoy!