Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
This was a recipe born of needing to use stuff up before we leave on vacation. I had 2 roma tomatoes and a going to stale baguette, which isn’t quite enough to make bruschetta for more than one. So I decided to toss in roasted red peppers (which hubby will eat) and some of my favorite goat cheese.
- roma tomatoes (I used 2 but I was making a very small batch)
- roasted red peppers (approximately the same quantity as the tomatoes)
- 1 tsp oil from a jar of sun dried tomatoes
- goat cheese
- basil (5-6 leaves, finely chopped–fresh is best, but dried if that’s not available)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- splash of balsamic vinegar (or more if you prefer)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal, approximately 1/2 inch thick slices
- Parboil the tomatoes for 1 minute to loosen the skin.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the skin, then seed the tomato, also removing the stem portion.
- Finely dice the tomatoes.
- Finely dice approximately the same amount of roasted red peppers (this will vary depending on how many tomatoes you use!)
- Peel and finely mince the garlic
- Add tomatoes, red peppers, garlic, olive oil, oil from the sun dried tomatoes, the basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. You may have to do this in batches.
- Bake slices 5-6 minutes or until they just start to turn golden brown
- Arrange bread on serving platter olive oil side up and top with bruschetta and crumbled goat cheese.