We made calzones the other night and I’ve got an enormous amount of pizza dough left over. I wasn’t planning on making more pizza, and I haven’t really been in the mood to make homemade hot pockets, so today I decided to try making homemade cinna-stix. Or nuggets rather.
- pizza dough
- buttery spray (I like Parkay)
- Take your pizza dough (however much you’ve got left) and roll out into a log shape.
- Cut your nuggets (should be about 1″ around)
- Spray each nugget with buttery spray, flip, repeat.
- Mix Splenda and cinnamon (however strong you like) in a ziplock baggie.
- Toss nuggets in the baggie about two at a time and shake until coated.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake at 400 degrees for 13 minutes.