Continuing the theme of nummy desserts made with puff pastry and the general decimation of our fruit bowl, now we’re trying mango tartlets. These didn’t turn out quite as pretty as I’d hoped becuase I rolled the puff pastry out too far and didn’t have enough filling (only one mango in the bowl), but they were still tasty.
- 1 mango (2 would be better if you have them)
- Parkay buttery spray
- 3 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/3 sheet of puff pastry, cut into 3 squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your mango into pieces.
- Sautee the mango in a buttery spray, sprinkled with a bit of Splenda, until the mango is lightly caramelized (about five minutes)
- Meanwhile, roll your puff pastry squares out a bit (not too thin).
- Mix about 1 teaspoon of Splenda in the cheese and spread in center of puff pastry squares.
- Add caramelized mango in the center.
- Fold edges of puff pastry up in a rough edge.
- Brush the top of the pastry with an egg wash.
- Bake at 35o for 23 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and Neufchatel cheese is bubbly.