Gorp for the Peanut Wary
Peanuts and pistachios are getting a bad name in the news just now, so with an upcoming road trip, I decided to go for a new kind of trail mix to stave off the highway munchies.
- 1 box wheat Chex (the smallest size)
- 1 can cashews (not a nut, actually a seed)
- 1 box Golden sultana raisins
- 1 bag Reeces peanut butter chips or milk chocolate chips
- 1 box granola cereal (smallest size)
Dump everything together in a giant bowl (you may need two) and mix well. Store in plastic bags or tupperware. This recipe makes a HUGE amount. To prevent overeating, I recommend packaging in snack sized bags. This also makes a fantastic topping for yogurt or ice cream. It worked out to 21 snack bag servings at 384 calories and 16.6 grams of fat apiece.