Honey Chipolte Chicken Pizzas
I was going to use this chicken to make a nice healthy salad, but when I checked out our romaine lettuce it was scary and black on the bottom (clearly I haven’t fixed salad in a while). So it was back to the drawing board. I was grilling the chicken anyway, so I thought I could make a sort of Mexican themed pizza and came up with this.
-For the chicken:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp chipolte chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
-For the rest:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado
- light sour cream
- 4 oz. 2% cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Mix the honey, chipolte powder, and garlic powder and pour into a ziplock bag with the chicken breasts. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours (I left mine from lunch to about 6).
- Grill the chicken. Every grill is different, so you should do your own thing. I cooked mine about 7 minutes a side.
- Meanwhile, spray a couple of baking sheets and lay out the tortillas.
- Mash the rinsed and drained beans and add the cumin, salt, and remaining garlic powder. Mix well.
- Spread the bean paste over the tortillas.
- When the chicken comes off the grill, allow it to rest for a few minutes for the juices to redistribute, then dice.
- Spread the chicken evenly over the 4 tortillas.
- Cover with cheese, sprinkle with cilantro, and bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While they’re baking, remove the flesh from the avocado and mix with a couple of tablespoons of salsa (or to your preference) to make a quick and dirty guacamole.
- Once the pizzas come out of the oven, top with guacamole and sour cream.
These work out to be 556 calories and 19.6 grams of fat per pizza.