Thoughtless Thursdays: Man Approved Chicken Burritos
I haven’t given Thursday a thought at all until now. It’s been a crazy awful day at work, and I’ve been off one day all week because of the holiday. Anyway, please forgive the delay in posting.
This week I am sharing a fantastically easy recipe that one of my Twitter buddies shared with me for chicken burrito filling. The menfolk tried it and pronounced it a definite keeper. So without further ado, Man Approved Chicken Burritos.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa (I like On The Border)
- 1/4 cup or 1 packet of taco seasoning (I like Old El Paso)
- Mix the salsa and taco seasoning.
- Add chicken to the crock pot.
- Top with the salsa.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. Or if you’re me and threw the chicken in frozen, high for 6.
- When it’s finished, take a wooden spoon and gently break the meat up. It comes out perfectly shredded.
We served these in regular burrito size tortillas with sour cream and cheddar. When we had them as reruns tonight, we added Mexican rice and black beans to the mix and liked that even better. I think next time I’d love to toss in a can of black beans and more salsa.
Hooray! My pal Rachelle is back from Pantry Eats this week sharing an amazing looking paella recipe. I’ve simply got to try this. I totally have several of those seasoned rice boxes I need to do SOMETHING with (as they’ve been hanging out in my cabinet for a few months. This really seems to be the ticket! Thanks for sharing Rachelle!
Don’t forget to submit your recipes for next week’s round up!