Thoughtless Thursdays: Chicken Casserole
This week I decided to try to adapt another one of my recipes to crock pot. Chicken Loaf, which my husband prefers I call Chicken Casserole (as he says anything called “loaf” that isn’t bread sounds gross), adapted beautifully. I wound up taking this over to a friend who’d broken her arm, and it was a hit. It was so easy, I think I may actually prefer cooking this in the crock pot. I’ll have to see what other casserole type foods I can adapt for crock pot.
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken (I used 2 cans of chicken for this recipe, though this is fantastic with leftover rotisserie or roast chicken)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup egg beaters
- Mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the chicken and rice and mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well. It will be kinda soupy.
- Spray your crockpot thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Pour the casserole mixture into the crock.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
Rachelle from Pantry Eats is back this week with dessert! Peach cobbler. Mmmm, I adore peach cobbler. It is a favorite of mine when it comes to desserts. And now is definitely the time with all those fabulous peaches in season. This would be a great no muss, no fuss dessert to throw together for the 4th.