Thoughtless Thursday: I’m Feeling Pitiful Beef Vegetable Soup
I’m feeling kind of lousy today. Since no diet on earth allows my mama’s chicken and dumplins (my preferred comfort food), I had to come up with some other form of soup for comfort food. Yeah it’s August, but sick or feeling lousy still calls for soup. So here’s my entry for Kahkai Kitchen’s Souper Sunday.
- 1 15 oz. can sliced, stewed tomatoes
- 1 can green beans
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup light red kidney beans
- 1.5-2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- Emeril’s Essence seasoning
- leftover beef (I had a little leftover from making kebabs, some other left over from stir fry in the freezer, and an orphan steak that just didn’t get eaten at some point, also in the freezer)
- If not already, chop the beef into bite sized pieces. Season liberally with Emeril’s Essence seasoning. Toss into the crock (I used a 6 quart cooker for this).
- Throw in everything else.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.