Penne with Sausage for the Really Hungry
I was on my own for the night, so of course I indulged in pasta (it is my favorite go to meal when I”m not feeding hubby). This recipe is for one really hungry person or two not so hungry people. It was thrown together with some staples from our pantry and fridge and it was fabulous.
- 2 oz. whole wheat penne
- 1/2 a large zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (not in oil), diced
- 1/4 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh asparagus, diced
- 1 link roasted garlic and mozzarella chicken sausage
- 1.5 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Set your pasta water to boil.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat while you chop everything.
- Salt the boiling water and add your pasta.
- Add the zucchini and sausage and saute for about five minutes.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, and asparagus. Saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- When the pasta is just shy of al dente, scoop it into the skillet with the sausage and veggies.
- Add about a quarter cup of the pasta water.
- Add the goat cheese and stir until it melts and coats the pasta and veggies.