Shrimp and Andouille Pasta with Four Cheese Rosa
The other half of my Tastemaker’s package from Bertolli was a Four Cheese Rosa sauce. I absolutely had to try this with shrimp. But I wanted something with a kick too, so I added in half a pound of andouille sausage and a bunch of veggies. Hubby declared this a keeper. It makes 2 large servings at 872 calories and 40 grams of fat. Not what you’d call low fat or healthy, but fabulous nonetheless. I’m offering it up to Ruth for Presto Pasta Nights.
- 1/2 jar of Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa sauce
- 4 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 8 oz. andouille sausage diced
- 6 oz. shrimp, deveined, shelled
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Start your pasta water boiling.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Over medium heat, saute the sausage and zucchini.
- Once the zucchini gets a little soft, add the peppers, shrimp, and mushrooms.
- Saute for another five minutes or until the shrimp is pink.
- Drain the pasta after it is al dente.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the rest of it.
- Add the half jar of sauce and stir.
- Serve with garlic bread.