Hot Pineapple Salad
It’s a side dish. No, it’s a dessert. No, it’s… Well I can’t really say for sure what it is beyond the fact that it is AWESOME. This is one of those dishes my mom picked up from a church pot luck when I was a kid, and I got it from her. It’s a fantastic compliment to ham or any other pork dish. I promise, if you bring this to your next pot luck or dinner party, there won’t be any left over.
- 3 eggs beaten or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters (I used 2 egg and 1/4 cup Egg Beaters)
- 1 stick melted butter or margarine (I used margarine)
- 4 slices crumbled bread (I used whole grain)
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda (c’mon, you know me, of course I used Splenda)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes.