Thoughtless Thursday: Roasted Vegetable Soup
I’ve been eating fairly heavily lately, so I was craving something veggie-laden and healthy. My usual tomato soup wasn’t quite what I was in the mood for, so I opted for a roasted vegetable soup. It’s loaded with different veggies and pureed. This makes a fantastic lunch with a grilled cheese. Makes 5-6 servings.
- 1 can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 pint mini peppers, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chicken stock
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice.
- Rough chop the remaining veggies (except the garlic).
- Toss them in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes (until you get some nice caramelization).
- Pour the veggies and any juices into the crock pot.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the tomato juice.
- Add two cups of chicken stock.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.