Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Canned chicken. I don’t have any idea why my mother keeps giving it to me, but she does. She feels compelled to give stuff to me, often things I won’t touch. So this canned chicken has been in the pantry for a couple of months. Solution: cover it up with lots of stuff.
In honor of Cinqo De Mayo I made enchiladas (even though you’re reading this on Friday). I adapted this recipe to have more kick. I found the end result delicious. Hubs thought it was too hot, so sensitive mouths beware. These are really sort of a cross between enchiladas and burritos (they’re much bigger than typical enchiladas) and come in at 463 calories and 11.35 grams of fat per enchiladas.
- 5 8-inch 98% fat free tortillas
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried cilantro
- 5 oz. reduced fat colby/monterey jack cheese, finely grated, divided in half
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cans chicken, drained
- 1 7 oz. can green chilis, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, cilantro, half the cheese, the chilis, and the chicken.
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
- Divide the mixture between all 5 tortillas.
- Roll and place seam side down.
- Top with the salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.