Tangy Chicken Salad
Living in the south, I’ve grown up eating chicken salad. It’s a staple in the summer, one which I’m very picky about, as most are laden with mayo (which we’ve already established I don’t do) and absolutely awful for your diet. But I stewed a whole chicken in the crock pot last week in preparations for a soup I never made, so I had to figure out what to do with it. I don’t know why I decided to put sun-dried tomatoes with it, but I’m very glad I did. The result (with some other stuff) was a light and tangy chicken salad that made a fabulous sandwich on ciabatta bread.
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 oz soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons light Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 scallions, diced (greens only)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ciabatta rolls
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese and Miracle Whip until well combined.
- Mix the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the cheese and Miracle Whip mixture.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve on ciabatta rolls.