Retake Homemade: Let The Revolution Begin
Last week I made a call to foodies everywhere to help me start a movement. I want to retake homemade. Here’s the original post. Well the response has been really positive. I’ve got several enthusiastic foodies on my side and I fully believe that WE CAN DO THIS!
So here’s an overview of “The Rules”, which you will find duplicated on the Retake Homemade page up there in my nav bar.
1) I propose we foodies all adopt a Twitter hashtag of #retakehomemade for any time we are talking about easy, simple recipes.
2) I propose we challenge ourselves to come up with recipes in 140 characters or less. Something along the lines of “burrito filling: chicken breasts, jar of salsa, pack of taco seasoning, crock pot 6 hours low #retakehomemade”. That comes out to about 110 characters, which leaves room for RT.
4) Please link back to this original page (the one up top) to let people know what we’re about.
5) The focus here is on everyday meals that even the most harried housewife could throw together after a long day at work (or in the crock pot before work), using simple ingredients that would be found in your local small-town Walmart or grocery store. No dressing up boxed dinners or freezer meals. Your entry MUST BE HOMEMADE (though we’ll allow entries that use cans of “cream of…” soup, ’cause I’m southern and that’s a casserole staple).
6) I’ve made a badge that you can snag here.
The first Retake Homemade round up will be THIS SATURDAY, July 3rd! Get your recipes ready!