Sour Cream Chicken
This one was on the same page of the Jan/Feb 2010 issue of Simple and Delicious as the Mexican spoon bread. Hubby immediately wanted to try it. I used 4 skinless chicken thighs instead of the cut up broiler/fryer, mainly because that’s what I had on hand. According to S and D, this makes 4 servings at 365 calories and 15 grams of fat, but I am inclined to think that what I made was less, as half the breadcrumbs went in the garbage and so did half the sour cream mixture. The end results was unique and tangy, though a bit more Worchestershire sauce than I prefer. Definitely something different.
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2-3 pounds chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Put breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken with sour cream mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil lined baking pan. (I neglected to notice this instruction and cooked mine on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear.