Retake Homemade: Mexican Corn Muffins
After last week’s meh Mexican spoon bread, I opted to try a jazzed up version of my mother’s Mexican cornbread. Since we were taking it to a party, I thought muffins would be best (and it fits with my obsession for mini these days). Results were moist and flavorful, a nice side to a Mexican themed dinner (these are being paired up with tamales and chili). Makes 18 muffins that work out to 110 calories and 4.9 grams of fat apiece.
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can mexicorn, drained
- 1 box Jiffy mix cornbread
- 1 egg
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and rinsed
- 1 poblano pepper, finely minced
- 1/2 cup fiesta blend cheese, 2%
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the beef, then drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, cream corn, egg, sazon, and poblano pepper.
- Add the beef and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the cheese and stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the pans, before removing to a wire rack to cool until touchable.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links for Retake Homemade…