Scalloped Fingerling Potatoes
There is nothing healthy about this dish, so if you came by expecting my usual diet friendly fare, you might want to turn around. This was what I decided to do with the other half of the fingerling potatoes I roasted. Scalloped or au gratin potatoes. OMG YUM. I didn’t calculate the nutrition info on this because I just didn’t want to know. We had these as a side to steaks. DELISH! Serves 2-3.
- 3 cups of fingerling potatoes, sliced approximately 1/4″ thick (a mandolin slicer is great for this)
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup skim milk
- generous pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 7×11 baking dish (or larger) with cooking spray.
- Layer the potatoes across the bottom.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dot the top of the potatoes with butter chunks.
- Use just enough milk to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes.