Retake Homemade: Hearty Tuna Casserole
I swear, I’m about to give up on tuna casserole as a dish to be served in our house. No matter what variation I make, hubby just doesn’t like it. No matter, this current incarnation made ME happy. It is an adaptation of this Light But Hearty Tuna Casserole from Taste of Home. I’d actually planned to cook it as listed, but naturally I didn’t have everything listed and my mushrooms had turned, so I made some tweaks. The end result was quite tasty and is, I think, my favorite of the various varieties of Tuna Casserole that I’ve made in the past. This worked out to 2 large servings at 652 calories and 10 grams of fat. Original recipe allegedly served 4 with a side. We prefer having it all in one.
- 2 5 oz. cans of water packed tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons light Miracle Whip
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups uncooked No Yolks noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Light, melted
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix the soup, Miracle Whip, milk, ground mustard, tuna, peas, and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Once the noodles are done, drain them and add to the mix.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the tuna mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, butter, paprika, pepper, and Italian seasoning and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of fabulous Retake Homemade recipes…