Blueberry White Cheddar Stuffed Pork Chops
How’s that for a mouthful? Meet Wilbur the happy pork chop. No, seriously. It looks like a smiling clam the way those two blueberry flecks got stuck on the top. This is the second fabulous cheese dish we’ve cooked, this one highlighting the truly fascinating blueberry white cheddar. This it the kind of cheese that the average Joe will either love or hate and will make the foodies go “hmmm”. I really enjoyed the mix of the sweet and tangy blueberries with the cheddar. Hubs absolutely declared these a winner. I’m more on the fence in the “hmm” category. I think I prefer the cheese better on its own or maybe in a savory scone… :makes note: Anyway, we served these with a spinach salad also studded with shredded blueberry white cheddar and dried blueberries, which was a nice compliment.
- thick cut pork loin chops (approximately 1 inch thick)
- 1 oz shredded blueberry white cheddar per chop
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a very sharp knife and a great deal of care, you are going to slice a pocket into the horizontal center of each chop, being careful not to cut through the top, bottom, back, or sides. Imagine a pita pocket made of pork. That’s what you’re going for.
- Stuff each chop with 1 oz of shredded cheese.
- Use a couple of toothpicks to hold them shut.
- Add just a bit of kosher salt on each side.
- I baked mine on a baking rack over a cookie sheet to allow juices to drain, but you could just do this in a pyrex dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.