Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
I saw this on the menu of a restaurant where we had dinner the other night and thought it sounded delicious. It was definitely a nice variation on my usual baked tilapia, and the breading (what stayed on the fish–DON’T FORGET THE COOKING SPRAY) was quite crispy and delicious. Serves 2.
- 4 tilapia filets
- 2 oz. plain breadcrumbs
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan (I used my microplane to grate it to make it very fine)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Set up a dredging station with one container of breadcrumbs, one of egg, and one of cheese.
- Spray your baking sheet THOROUGHLY with cooking spray (I forgot and lost half my breading).
- Dip each fillet into the breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Dip into the egg.
- Dip into the Parmesan.
- Lay out on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes a side.