Roasted Red Pepper and Corn Pasta Salad
Hubby declared we were going on a picnic this weekend. In the name of “good served cold or room temp” I opted to make a pasta salad. Pasta salad is one of those dishes that is a good “pull random stuff from the fridge and pantry” kind of thing. Every time I make it it’s something different. This one was centered around the Smoked Red Pepper Monterrey Jack cheese we picked up at the Osceola Cheese Store. This one came out at 4 servings at 247.75 calories and 11.9 grams of fat. I’m offering it up to both Presto Pasta Nights, hosted by Claire of Chez Cayenne and Souper (Salad, and Sammich) Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen.
- 2 oz. smoked red pepper monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz. whole wheat penne
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 roma tomato
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Dice the red peppers.
- De-seed and dice the tomato.
- Finely dice the cheese.
- Add the cheese, peppers, tomato, corn, olive oil, balsamic, parsley, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add the pasta. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.