Retake Homemade: Shrimp and Black Bean Tacos
I have no idea what gave me the idea to put shrimp in tacos. Maybe because I keep seeing fish tacos and my brain made the leap? Who knows. What I do know is that this experiment was FANTASTIC and is a dieter’s friend. Hubs said it tasted just as good as beef tacos and is (of course) much much lower in fat and calories. This serves 2 at 627 calories and 13 grams of fat (assuming 4 baked taco shells, 1/3 cup 2% fiesta blend cheese, and 2 tablespoons light sour cream along with the filling). The filling itself is 282 calories per each of 2 people. This would make wonderful topping for a taco salad and would go fabulously with avocado.
- 12 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined (smaller ones work better for loading into shells) [you can do raw or cooked…they’ll simmer either way; I used cooked]
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (I like Old El Paso)
- 3/4 cup water
- Toss the shrimp and black beans into a skillet.
- Add the Sazon, taco seasoning, and water.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to medium heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Spoon into taco shells.
- Top with desired toppings.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the list of other fabulous Retake Homemade recipes…