Mexican Corn Chowder
This is a slight variation on my usual Spicy Corn Chowder, made “Mexican” only by the addition of a packet of Sazon. It was a tasty if subtle difference from the original. This could totally benefit from some poblano peppers or possibly a chipotle pepper (in which case I’d leave out the Rotel).
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 10.5 oz. can chicken stock
- 1 can rotel
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 can creamed corn
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- Add the chicken stock, onions, and corn kernels to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, creamed corn, and rotel. Stir well
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the yogurt and cream cheese.
- Stir until melted in.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread.