Fajita Fried Rice
I have had a beef fajita kit in my freezer for like two months now. The seasoned meat, the veggies. And I haven’t done a thing with it because, well, even though I love fajitas, hubby doesn’t do peppers and onions. I know, it’s a failing. I had been thinking that if the beef hadn’t already been seasoned, I could make some beef stir fry. Then I thought, well why not make some fajita fried rice? So that was the inspiration for this dish, and hubby (who got a bowlful of the stuff BEFORE I added the onions and peppers) declared it a keeper. Serves 3 as a full meal.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound fajita beef
- 1 package frozen peppers and onions (you can absolutely use fresh, but this is what I had on hand)
- 2 packets Sazon
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat.
- Add the fajita meat and spices and stir fry until no longer red. Add the garlic.
- In a separate skillet, heat the other tablespoon of oil and stir fry the onions and peppers.
- Add the rice to the beef skillet and let sizzle for a bit.
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock. Stir until well incorporated and rice is heated through.
- If you’re sane and like onions and peppers, add them in now. Stir until well incorporated.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole if you like.