Chicken and Pinto Mexican Stir Fry
I saw a recipe somewhere recently that was a fantastic sounding vegetarian taco filling. I used that as an inspiration for this Mexican style stir fry with chicken and pintos. Hubby was on the fence about it, and I think it might be better in tortillas (which he can’t have) as burritos. But I still liked it over rice.
- 1 cup pinto beans raw
- cup chicken stock
- Chicken breasts — boned and skinned
- 1 cup salsa
- tsp garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup dried onion
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 Tbs masa flour
- 1.5 Tbs cumin
- 1.5 Tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
1. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
2. Dice the chicken into 1 inch chunks.
3. Add to the skillet and sauté until no longer white.
4. Add the diced red peppers, garlic, onion, and spices.
5. Add the beans and stir well.
6. Add the chicken stock and stir well.
7. Add the masa flour and stir well.
8. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced.
9. Serve over brown rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (24%) 105.09
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11.85g 18%
Saturated Fat 1.95g 10%
Cholesterol 75.52mg 25%
Sodium 737.27mg 31%
Potassium 1513.54mg 43%
Total Carbohydrates 42.56g 14%
Fiber 10.48g 42%
Protein 39.05g 78%