Creamy Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
I started seeing ads for Philadelphia cooking cream several months ago in my assorted cooking magazines. I had no idea what to think about it but I was intrigued because I never use heavy cream in my cooking due to the high fat and calorie content. This was a lighter alternative. Still, it took me months to remember to look for it at the grocery store. When I did, I picked up both the plain and the Santa Fe varieties. Today I’m talking about the latter, as you know we love Mexican themed stuff in our household. These creamy chicken and black bean enchiladas were a hit and serves 5 people (2 apiece) at 478 calories and 18 grams of fat. Of course you’ll need some sides. Or you could be like us and eat the entire pan between two of you. We won’t talk about the dent THAT made in the daily calorie budget. Let’s just say that they’re awesome. You could totally add a can of enchilada sauce over the top, but I liked them on the drier side.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups fiesta blend cheese
- 1 cup Philadelphia cooking cream Santa Fe Blend
- 4 oz green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
1. Season up your chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) with the salt, pepper, and chili powder.
2. Cook as you wish. I did mine in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours.
3. Chop cooked chicken.
4. Mix the chicken with the black beans, chilis, and Santa Fe cream.
5. Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray.
6. Heat your corn tortillas until pliant.
7. Load up each tortilla with filling, then wrap and lay seam side down in the dish.
8. Repeat until all tortillas and filling is used.
9. Top with the fiesta blend cheese.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling warmed through.
11. Serve with a salad and side of mexican rice.