Pepper, Bean and Pasta Salad
I love pasta salad. It’s just one of those things that says “summer” to me. Toss in some pasta, whatever’s in season, some kind of dressing, maybe some cheese, and voila. Instant and delicious side. This one isn’t gluten free, though it could be made so easily by using your preferred GF pasta. Serves 5 at 277 calories and 3.5 grams of fat per serving.
- 6 oz. whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups white beans
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing
- 2 scallions (just the green part)
- 1 tbs parsley chopped
1. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Dice the red peppers.
3. Dice the scallions.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Drain pasta.
6. Combine pasta with beans, peppers, scallions, parsley and dressing.