Pepper Jelly Chicken
Y’all, I have to admit, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas when I came up with this one. I had these chicken thighs and…nothing. And I had to give you guys SOMETHING. And then I saw the 3 jars of homemade pepper jelly in the cabinet that have been sitting there for…way longer than they should. I figured what the heck. The end result was surprisingly good!
- 1/2 cup of pepper jelly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Put the jelly and the garlic in a ziplock bag with the chicken and squish around until well coated.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium heat (approximately 350 degrees).
- Grill approximately 5 minutes per side (they’re typically thin, so they cook quickly).