Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
As I said Monday, it’s basically pizza week in our household. Last week, I made a batch of gluten free pizza dough, which makes enough dough for 3 pizzas and only lasts for a week or so. After the raging success of the Mexican pizza, I wanted more, but we didn’t have the ingredients for more. Sad. But moving on, variation number three is bacon cheeseburger pizza. It was, as my dad would say, right tasty. But doesn’t beat the Mexican pizza.
- pizza dough (here’s my fave gluten free, here’s my fave regular)
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and rinsed
- 1 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- A1 steak sauce
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 425.
- Roll out or press your dough (if you’re using gluten free dough, pressing out thin with your hands works better than rolling–use brown rice flour to keep loose) onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Brown and rinse your beef.
- Cook your bacon and reserve some of the grease.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining bacon grease.
- If you dig A1, then spread that on your pizza as sauce. I used that on hubby’s half, but not mine. Mine was a bit dry because I don’t like ketchup (which is often what’s used on cheeseburger pizza for sauce). Next time I might try actual pizza sauce.
- Layer on your beef, bacon, and mushrooms.
- Add your cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes.