Creamy Salsa Dip
Hubs turned to me this weekend, “Honey, I want some dip.” We’d just had a cookout at his parents the night before, so I didn’t have room for more cheating, which knocked out the typical options of rotel dip or cream cheese sausage dip. We needed something a little bit healthier that didn’t actually require a lot of any one thing because we were down to just a very little bit of a lot of different things. When all else fails, mix everything together. The end result was tasty and healthy, at only 225 calories and 10 grams of fat per 10 serving (makes 2 servings).
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup fiesta blend cheese
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp cilantro
1. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine the salsa and the cream cheese.
2. Stir until cheese is melted.
3. Add the sour cream, chili powder, and cilantro.
4. Stir until well combined.
5. Split between two oven safe bowls or ramekins (you’re going for individual servings).
6. Top each one with 1/3 cup of the fiesta blend cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).