Gluten Free Friday: Cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder
I love corn chowder. I love chicken corn chowder. I love cheese. You can see where I’m going with this. Marrying all the flavors I love was an inspiration. A spicy one. Big yum. If it’s too spicy for you, you could get mild rotel or cool it down with some sour cream. I loved it exactly as it was. Makes 3 servings at 390 calories and 10.8 grams of fat.
- 1 chicken breast (boneless)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can rotel, undrained
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz 2% Velveeta, diced
1. Cut your chicken into small bite size pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add the chicken, onion, and spices to the oil and saute until chicken is no longer pink.
4. Add the frozen corn and saute until it begins to caramelize (about 3-5 minutes).
5. Add the rotel, cream corn and chicken stock. Stir until well combined.
6. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
7. Add the Velveeta cubes and stir until melted and well combined.