Gluten Free Friday: Banana Bread
Banana bread is something that I made all the time before the gluten intolerance. It seems like there are always bananas that are past that “we’re still good to eat as is” stage. It took me a while to get around to adapting my regular banana bread recipe to gluten free, but the results were…wow. Nobody would know this wasn’t wheat. This made 3 mini-loaves, 4 servings each at 244 calories and 2.5 grams of fat.
- 3 cups banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup milled flax
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup garfava flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the banana, applesauce, eggs, and sugar in one bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix the remaining dry ingredients in another bowl. Make a well in the center.
4. Add the wet to the dry and stir until well combined.
5. Divide among 3 oiled mini-loaf pans.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.