Potato and Sausage Skillet
After last week’s jambalaya, I had half a pound of cajun sausage left. It seemed to be crying out for potatoes, so I listened and came up with a simple skillet supper that had hubby ready to run to the grocery for more sausage so we could make more. Delicious and deceptively simple. Serves 2.
- 4 small thin-skinned potatoes (red or Yukon gold are perfect)
- 8 oz. cajun sausage
- pinch of salt
- fresh pepper to taste
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- Dice your potatoes.
- Add to a pot and boil for approximately 20 minutes. Long enough that they can be pierced easily with a fork, but not falling apart.
- Slice your sausage on the bias, about a 1/4″ thick.
- Add to a large skillet and cook over medium heat.
- The idea here is to kind of sweat the sausage.
- Cook until browned on either side.
- Add the boiled potatoes and spices and saute in the rendered sausage fat, stirring occasionally until potatoes begin to brown.
- Serve hot!