Roasted Acorn Squash
Acorn squash is another one of those veggies I’d never tried. I got into butternut last year. Spaghetti squash the year before that. So it was time to give this one a try. A quick Twitter poll proved that THE WAY to cook it was roasting with brown sugar and butter. So that’s what I did. Hubs and I both really enjoyed it, and its so easy, we’ll absolutely be adding this to our list of regular sides.
- acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon of real butter per squash
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar splenda per half squash
- Slice the squash vertically in half.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a baking pan with butter or oil and place the squash cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Flip them over, and crumble the butter (1/2 tablespoon per half) over each half, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar Splenda over each.
- Roast for another 25 minutes.