I started out making another batch of stuffed shells then realized I had way more filling than shells, so I swapped over to lasagna. Nice and simple. Makes 6 servings at 385 calories and 12.1 grams of fat and freezes beautifully.
- 2 cups simply cottage cheese
- 2 cups simply ricotta
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella
- .5 box whole wheat lasagana
- 24 oz. arrabiata sauce
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute your mushrooms.
- Thaw your spinach. Using a clean kitchen towel, wring out all excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, mozzarella, cottage cheese, salt, basil, oregano, garlic, red peppers, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Now I prepped these in mini loaf pans lined with foil, but you could do it in a casserole dish if you want.
- Spray your dish with cooking spray, layer your lasagna noodles.
- Add a layer of filling.
- Add more noodles, more filling, more noodles, more filling.
- If you’re freezing the dish, stop here. If you’re prepping, pour the jar of arrabiata sauce over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.