Scallops With Bacon
As we are fond of saying around here: Bacon makes everything better. Hubby gave me a o.O when I said I was going to make scallops with bacon. I told him to just go with it. I see bacon wrapped sea scallops on fancy menus often. Since we actually prefer bay scallops, it seemed to make more sense to dice the bacon and cook the scallops with them. So that’s what I did. And it was AWESOME.
- 1 pound of bay scallops, thawed and patted dry
- 4 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon
- fresh ground pepper
- rice to serve over
- This is such a ridiculously easy recipe. Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut you bacon into chunks into a cold skillet.
- Turn to medium low. Yes, this is low and slow, but it means your bacon will get done correctly rather than charred.
- Cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Drain off the bacon grease into a small bowl and return 2 tablespoons to your skillet. Crank the heat up to medium high.
- Add the scallops, working in batches if necessary, cooking them until no longer opaque and you begin getting some nice caramelization, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle the bacon over the top.