Sometimes you just want something that’s not rice. This quinoa pilaf is a tasty alternative that uses–well, frankly, it was what I had in the fridge at the time.
Makes 3 servings at 296 calories and 9.15 grams of fat.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 2 scallions, sliced thin crosswise
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp greek seasoning
- 1 tbs olive oil
1. Add the quinoa and chicken stock to your rice cooker. Yep, your rice cooker. Easiest way to cook the stuff. Or you can follow package directions for stovetop cooking.
2. Meanwhile, use a teaspoon of the olive oil to saute your vegetables (start with the zucchini and mushrooms, add the garlic and scallions at the last minute).
3. Add the cooked quinoa to the saute pan with the remaining olive oil, parsley and Greek seasoning.
4. Stir until well incorporated.