Roasted Tomato, Bell Pepper, and Mozzarella Bowtie Pasta Salad
I love pasta salad. It’s a great way to use up random veggies and cheeses. It’s also a great way to put together a cold, balanced lunch with lots of flavor for middle of the week. This one serves 5 generously at 300 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving.
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 3 pints grape tomatoes, slow roasted
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Boil the pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. Toss with the tomatoes, bell pepper, shallots, and celery.
3. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and toss well.
4. Add the mozzarella and toss well.
5. Chill and serve.