Quick Fix Salsa Verde Chicken Burrito Skillet
In keeping with the whole one-skillet meal thing lately, I opted to adapt my recipe for Pulled Pork Burrito Skillet to work with some leftover roast chicken and a jar of salsa verde. The end result was delicious and easy, from fridge to table in fifteen minutes. Now THAT’s what I call a week night dinner. Serves 2 at 810 calories and 29 grams of fat. Or you could serve four if you added on a salad.
- 12 ounces roasted chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Salsa verde
- 1 cup water
- 2 gluten free tortillas, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces (use regular 10” flour tortillas if you aren’t GF)
- 1 cup 2% fiesta blend cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
1. Combine first six ingredients.
2. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min.
3. Stir in tortilla strips.
4. Top with cheese.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with sour cream.