Perfect Potato Soup
As soon as cool weather hits, I start thinking soup. It’s easy, warm, and filling. I didn’t actually make this batch for us, but for some neighbors who recently had a baby (welcome Carter!). This makes a massive batch and is easily frozen, so it makes a GREAT food to take to others.
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 sweet onions
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsps parsley
- Peel and rough chop your potatoes.
- Peel and rough chop your onions.
- Add potatoes and onions to a large stock pot with the chicken stock and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover, cooking on medium low for about half an hour or until potatoes start to break down.
- Using a potato masher, break up the big chunks and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the evaporated milk, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, CAREFULLY blend until smooth.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives).