Barbeque Pulled Pork Pizza
We have a lot of standby favorites of pizza, but every once in a while I get a hankering to do something different. When I found a last bag of pulled pork in the freezer that needed using up, I decided to turn it into an unconventional pizza. The end result was delicious! Definitely going in our pizza rotation!
- 12 ounces pulled pork
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Jack Daniels Hickory Brown Sugar)
- 3 ounces of smoked gouda, grated on a microplane (this makes it go further)
- 1/2 recipe of pizza dough (use this recipe if you are gluten free, this recipe is you are not)
- Tear off a piece of parchment paper approximately the size of your pizza stone.
- Preheat your oven 450 degrees with the pizza stone inside.
- With oiled hands, press your pizza dough out on the parchment paper.
- Grate your cheese, and set aside.
- If you’re using pulled pork that’s been frozen, you’ll want to heat it first and drain any excess liquid off.
- Once the oven is preheated, prebake the crust for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with barbeque sauce, pulled pork, and the smoked gouda.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.