Corn Dog Muffins
This is a recipe I picked up from my mother in law. It’s one of my husband’s favorites and is everything good about corndogs without the irritation of a stick and with the addition of being able to control the fat and calories. Baked not fried and all that. Very kid friendly. Sometimes we’ll make this as a meal on its own, sometimes we serve it with other things (tonight, that would be chili). Either way, they’re lovely and moist and tasty.
- 2 boxes Jiffy mix cornbread
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 package of hot dogs, cut into bite sized pieces (here’s where you can really adjust for fat, calories, allergies, vegetarian, whatever)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the Jiffy mix, creamed corn, eggs, and milk until well combined.
- Spray your muffin tins (you will need 3 6-cup tins) with cooking spray.
- Spoon the cornbread batter into each cup (about halfway full).
- Press hot dog bites into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.