Thoughtless Thursdays: Smoky Chicken Chili
This one’s been on my To Try list for several months now. Someone tweeted it ages back, and I bookmarked it on Delicious. I made a few adaptations to the recipe based on what I had on hand and changed it over to a crock pot recipe (which cut out a bit of the fat as there was no need to saute anything in olive oil). I haven’t had the original version, but I loved it as prepared. It came out with 5 servings at 401 calories and 4.22 grams of fat. Serve with sour cream, and cheddar cheese. It would also be good with tortilla chips or pita chips (I was going to use pita chips but I forgot to set the timer and burned the entire batch). This makes my second entry for Kahakai Kitchen’s Souper Sunday this week.
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can or 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery)
- 1 packet white chicken chili mix
- 1 beer (I used Michelob Ultra)
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions: This one doesn’t even have steps. Dump all the prepped ingredients into the crock and cook on low for 6 hours. Enjoy!