Chicken and Peach Pepper Salsa Quesedillas
Part of the many dishes I made with last week’s Peach and Red Pepper Salsa was a straight up basic quesedilla. It was a classic “use what you have in the fridge” sort of dinner that took advantage of the leftover shredded chicken from the enchiladas, the salsa, and some cheese. The end result was a fabulous blend of savory and sweet for a light and satisfying dinner.
Ingredients (per serving):
- 1 whole grain, low carb tortilla, 8 inches
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup peach and red pepper salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup 2% fiesta blend shredded cheese, divided
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Add the tortilla.
- Sprinkle half the cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Top that half with the chicken.
- Top that with the salsa (you’ll want to be sure to drain off any excess fluid)
- Top that with the cheese.
- Fold the quesedilla shut.
- You may need to use a spatula to hold it folded shut while the first side toasts.
- Carefully flip and toast the second side.
- Slice and serve! This would be great with fresh guacamole.