Greek Yogurt Beer Bread
I am a huge fan of beer bread. It’s fast, moist, delicious, and usually hits the spot to go with some kind of soup when I’m not wanting cornbread. It is versatile, the flavor varying a lot depending on what kind of beer you use. But this, THIS is my absolute favorite. Pabst Blue Ribbon is a great beer for cooking. Fantastic flavor, mild, yeasty, oh and CHEAP. The addition of Greek yogurt was last minute but inspired. The end result was rich, moist, DENSE and DELICIOUS. Makes 12 servings at 148 calories and less than half a gram of fat.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 12 oz. Pabst Blue Ribbon
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all your dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Spray your loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour/dump the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool briefly on a wire rack until you can, you know, touch it. If you can last that long.
Also makes great muffins (1 dozen). Bake for 30 minutes.