Chicken ‘n Fixin’s
This is my personal version of a dish at a local chain restaurant down here in Mississippi. Harvey’s. It’s deceptively simple and absolutely delicious. All you need do is find your favorite BBQ sauce. I made this with chicken tenders because it’s what I had thawed, but you could absolutely use chicken breasts. Serves 2.
- 6 chicken tenders
- 6 slices of deli sliced ham
- 6 thin slices of Monterey jack, cut from the block
- BBQ sauce to coat and for dipping (I prefer something honey or brown sugar based–remember, if you’re gluten free, be sure to check the label)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with BBQ sauce (I used a silpat to bake mine on)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- During the last 5-10 minutes, fold the ham into thirds on top of each tender and top with a slice of cheese.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.